Wednesday 17 April 2013

It began with a Book

I have been meaning to set up my book blog for SOOOOOOO long now, but you know how life is, you say you are going to do it this weekend and then you start to read a book and before you know it, it is Monday again....

So, I bit the bullet.... And created a blog.

Ok! As I am sure you have gathered this blog is about books (and me).

A bit about me: Believe it or not, I have never really been a big book reader, until last year when I started my internship in London and started my daily commute to work (which totals an hour and a half, EACH WAY). To fill this time I started to read books on my journeys as a space filler. However, I came across some issues, when I was nearing the end of a book, I needed to take two books to work so that I could continue reading, when the current one was finished. Then I got a Kindle and my life was transformed. Now I am OBSESSED and read whenever I can! Seriously… I have gone a bit book crazy.

The Challenge: The name of my blog is The Year Books-the reason is that I have set myself a challenge to read 200 books with an average of 300 pages per book in 2013 and as this is an ambitious, I am raising money for charity at the same time.

The Charity: I have decided that I want to raise money for the NSPCC, which is a fantastic charity that does amazing work to help children who are abused, whether emotionally or physically, by those who are supposed to love and care for you. Cruelty to children must stop. FULL STOP!

The Purpose: I aim to use this blog to share my opinions about the books that I read, update people with my progress towards my goal and hopefully collect some donations for the NSPCC.

So if you would like to donate some money please follow the link below to my Just Giving page.
http://www.justgiving.com/Arianne-NSPCC

:)